Monday, January 10, 2011

Shutter Island (2010)

I have been watching Leonardo DiCaprio for a long time and I have almost enjoyed every single film he'd been in from The Basketball Diaries, Romeo & Juliet, Catch Me If You Can, and even The Beach. What can I say about Martin Scorsese that everybody hasn't already said? DiCaprio and Scorsese= Gold. I loved The Departed and when I heard this movie was coming out, I was excited. This movie is just absolutely twisted, dark, and everything you'd ever imagine about a mental institution. Leo plays Teddy Daniels, a US Marshall investigating the disappearance of a patient that happens to be a murderer. The only thing is that the place doesn't appear to be normal in any way and the sitituation is very fishy for Leo as he starts suspecting that there's more to shutter island than you think. I do have to say that the editing that was done for this film was absolutely brilliant and the editing team deserves an award for this film. I truly believe if it wasn't for that, this film would've have been a B- or C grade movie. The movie also stars Michelle Williams (Halloween: H20), Ben Kingsley (), Mark Ruffalo (), Jackie Earle Haley (The Watchmen), Emily Mortimer (Formula 51), Max Von Sydow (The Exorcist), and Patricia Clarkson (The Green Mile) to name a few. I give this movie a A- and it doesn't hurt that the movie was made in my home state of Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment