Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cop Out (2010)

When I first saw the trailer for Cop Out, I thought this movie had potential to be funny, but I was afraid to pay $9.00 to see it. So I took advantage of the fact that it was showing on Cinemax. I actually have to say that I really enjoyed this movie and it's pretty simple why. Tracy Morgan + Bruce Willis + Kevin Smith= gold. This movie had it all and I actually laughed while I watched it. The movie is about two detectives that are obviously not your idea of great detectives (Willis & Morgan) and after a botched stake out, they are suspended. Then the both of them have their own problems outside of that big problem. Willis has to come up with $48,000 to pay for his daughters wedding and Morgan thinks his wife (I Love You Man's Rashida Jones). So, Willis decides to sell a baseball card said to be worth 83,000 until it get's stolen and ends up in the hands of a drug dealer named Poh Boy (Guillermo Diaz) and if he wants the card back, then he has to do Poh Boy a favor. The movie also stars Jason Lee (Mallrats), Sean William Scott (American Pie), Fred Armisen (SNL), Adam Brody (Jennifer's Body), and Kevin Pollack (A Few Good Men) in this hilarious comedy. I give this film a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment