Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Purple Rain (1984)

I know what your thinking and I'm not a freak because I respect Prince and his musical abilities and not to mention Morris Day & and The Time rules. Just ask Jason Mewes. The movie stars eighties pop sensation Prince as The Kid, a struggling musician who is struggling with a lot of different issues. For one he wants to be a rock star, but he has major trust issues. I think the idea of abandonment scares the kid because he won't listen to Wendy or Kim's song (he's afraid they'll leave). He also has some trust issues with Apollonia after she tells him that she's joining Morris's band. He also has a pretty crappy home life and has to deal with the idea that his father was one of those could've been type of guys in the music industry. The movie is just absolutely awesome and the soundtrack to me is the main character of this film because it rules.The whole entire film your routing for the kid to make it and that is the question you'll have to answer on your own.  Purple Rain, When Doves Cry, Let's Go Crazy, to name a few is all I have to say about the soundtrack. Even If you don't like Prince, you'll appreciate his musical abilities, acting abilities, and the talent he has in his band. It's a classic for a reason and I have to say that I am baffled as to why I never saw this film earlier in my life. I give the film an A because it's definitely one of the best soundtrack driven films of all time. Hey, it won a Grammy and an Academy award for a reason! Rent it because you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment