Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (2010)

I hate when a movie gets a lot of hype and doesn't deliver. I felt that way about Scott Pilgrim... which stars Michael Cera (Superbad) as Scott Pilgrim, a bassist who falls in love with a girl named Romana (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) and has to battle all seven of her evil exes in order to date her. There were some cool moments in the movie and all the battle scenes are as if you were in a video game like Mortal Kombat or Tekken with points for certain moves and kills. I think the movie drags on a little bit and they could have cut out some parts, but overall the story is good. The movie also stars Kieran Culkin (Home Alone), Aubrey Plaza (Funny People), Anna Kendrick (Up In The Air), Chris Evans (Fantastic Four), Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Clifton Collins Jr. (Boondock Saints 2), Thomas Jane (Thank You For Smoking), and Mae Whitman (Independence Day). I give the movie a C+ because I was really excited to see this but I just felt a little bored at times. It's worth checking out once because Mary Elizabeth is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment