Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Perkins 14 (2009)


I was a little disappointed that Afterdark Horrorfest didn't return to my area but I was willing to wait for the series to come out on DVD. I was very pleased with The Butterfly Effect 3 and thought to myself, "why don't I rent the others." So I picked up Perkins 14, a story about a officer at the sheriff's office, who loses his son to a kidnapping. It shows us the officer having flashbacks about the night and the games they used to play ten years before. You also see that his family life is falling apart as well since then and obviously he doesn't enjoy his job either. We first see that his daughter played by Shayla Beesley, (who is an up and coming actress with a few roles and a promising future in the horror industry) is going through her own issues. Not to mention she is hot and I love her style in this movie, the typical wannabe, Gothic girl, who feels depressed about her life. She hooks up with Michale Graves of the Misfits who plays a musician, wow that's hard to imagine. The story really evolves around the mystery of this man Richard Perkins, who is played by Richard Brake (Hannibal Rising, H2: Halloween 2, Batman Begins), a guy that is discovered to be the very kidnapper of 14 kids. The real Mystery is, what did he do these kids? I want to know what they are as well? So rent the movie because it's not half bad. Two and the Half Stars Out of Five. Believe me it's not bad, despite what my rating is but i have seen better horror movies than this. At least they tried, that's more than I could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment