Friday, June 19, 2009

The Watchmen (2009)


This movie is based on a legendary comic book about a group of superheros who live in a society that no longer needs them. At least, that is what I thought part of the plot was about and I have to say maybe I should have read the original comic before I went to see this film. I didn't understand most of it because I feel it's due to not knowing the history of the film. The movie sarts off by telling you that it's 1985 and Richard Nixon is still president and has signed a law that puts superheros out of work. In the beginning, you see that one of them is killed right away and most of the team try to figure out what happened. The superheros were played by Jackie Earle Haley (Bad News Bears, Semi Pro) as Rorschach, the very sexy Malin Akerman (Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, 27 Dresses) as Silk Spectre II, Billy Crudup (The Good Sheppard, Big Fish) as Dr. Manhattan, Matthew Goode (Copying Beethoven, Match Point) as Ozymandias, Jeffrey Dean Morgan (P.S. I Love You, Fred Claus) as The Comedian, Patrick Wilson (Hard Candy, Lakeview Terrace) as Nite Owl II, and Carla Gugino (Righteous Kill, Race To Witch Mountain) as Silk Spectre I. I believe that the best character in the movie was definitely Rorschach and Jackie does a great job portraying him in this movie and I think I would've hated it if it wasn't for him. So go out and see if the heroes can find out whose trying to destroy the world and check out a couple of peculiar moments in this movie. The first one is really hot and it's the first ever superhero sex scene featuring the very hot Malin Akerman and the other is the rather weird one and it's Dr. Manhattan walking around naked constantly. Even though he is blue, you can see his penis throughout the whole film and it didn't need that! Three stars Out of Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment